Cathay Pacific is offering you the chance to win an amazing trip to Hong Kong. One lucky winner will fly from Manchester to Hong Kong with a £500 hotel voucher to experience the best the city has to offer.
To enter, simply answer the questions and complete your details below before 10th December 2023 . Terms and conditions apply.
- Where is the hub of Cathay Pacific?
- What is the current flight frequency flying from Manchester to Hong Kong?
- Which aircraft is currently used for this route?
CATHAY PACIFIC AND MANCHESTER AIRPORT PRIZE COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cathay Pacific and Manchester Airport Competition 2023
A holiday prize, courtesy of Cathay Pacific which includes:
- A return Economy class tickets from Manchester to Hong Kong
- £500 hotel voucher for Hong Kong
- The promotion (referred to as the “Prize Competition”) is organised by Travel Weekly (“Promoter”) of 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU.
- The “Prize Sponsor” is Cathay Pacific Airways Limited of 8 Scenic Road, Hong Kong International Airport, Lantau, Hong Kong and ‘MAG’ of Olympic House, Manchester Airport. M90 1QX
- The Prize Competition is open to residents of Great Britain aged 18 and over. It is not open to residents of Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or any other country or territory outside of Great Britain.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win and no charge will be made for any website registration required to enter.
- The Prize Competition is not open to employees, agencies, partners or suppliers (or their associated group companies) of the Promoter or Prize Sponsor, or to family members, friends or anyone else connected to foregoing. The Promoter may require proof of entrants’ eligibility at any time.
- Entries to the Prize Competition are subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”) and to any specific terms and mechanics of the Prize Competition provided by the Promoter or the Prize Sponsor at the time of entry.
- To enter the Prize Competition, you must enter at https://travelweekly.co.uk/articles/506564/win-a-trip-to-hong-kong-with-cathay-pacific
- Only one entry may be made per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Sponsor shall be liable for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete, that cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason, or a false or incorrect email address submitted by the entrant.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee and waive all moral rights in and to your competition entry, and otherwise arising in connection with your entry, to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- The Prize Competition closes at 11:59pm on 10th December 2023. All times and dates stated in relation to a Prize Competition are based on UK time unless specified otherwise. Entries received after the stated closing date and time of the Prize Competition will not be considered. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are automatically generated by computer, completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with, are (where relevant) photocopies and not originals; or are incomplete.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
Winner Selection and Prize Details
- One winner (a “Prize Winner”) will be picked at random using a computer process from all the valid entries. The draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date.
- The prize will be limited to that set out in the Promoter’s description of the Prize Competition (“Prize”).
- All elements of the Prize, including any flights and cash voucher, are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, promotions or prizes. There is no alternative to the Prize save that the Promoter and Prize Sponsor shall have the right to substitute or amend the Prize with another prize of similar value (i) in the event the Prize is not available or (ii) if either of them considers it necessary or appropriate to do so.
- The holiday is subject to availability and some blackout dates will apply (Outbound: 7Dec-24Dec23; 01Jan-08Jan24; 16Feb-26Feb24; 21Mar-31Mar24 and Inbound: 14Dec-24Dec23; 01Jan-15Jan24; 02Feb-11Feb24; 21Mar-31Mar24; 05Apr-14Apr24; 21Jun-4Aug24)
- The prize must be taken within a 12 month period, with effect from the day of winner announcement.
Additional Prize Conditions
- Following closure of the Prize Competition, the Prize Winner will be notified, using the email contact details provided with the entry, and given details of how to claim the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to amend any contact information once an entry has been made.
- Prize winners who do not contact the Promoter (or, as applicable, the Prize Sponsor) within 14 days after the notification is sent will forfeit their right to the Prize and the Promoter and Prize Sponsor shall be entitled to select another Prize Winner. That subsequent Prize Winner will have to respond to notification within 7 days of it being sent or they will also forfeit the prize.
- Once the Prize Winner has responded within the required time frame and accepted the Prize, the Prize and any element of it will be non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not negotiable.
- The Prize which includes travel may be subject to reasonable limitations notified subsequently by the Promoter or Prize Sponsor, including requirements to book travel within a specified period and blackout or excluded dates where travel is not available. Such Prizes will also be subject to normal booking conditions of the Prize Sponsor or its agents.
- Any costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the Prize description (which may include taxes, spending money, domestic travel, food and drink, incidental expenses, gratuities, etc.) or provided for in these Terms are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
- Prize flights are not eligible for the accrual of frequent flyer miles and an upgrade cannot be purchased with cash or frequent flyer points. Flights are subject to availability, to the carrier’s terms and conditions of carriage and to any embargoed blackout dates specified.
- Prize flights include taxes, fees and charges.
- Each Ticket offer holder will receive ONE (1) Cathay Pacific Economy Class round-trip tickets from Manchester to Hong Kong (“Ticket”)
- The cash value in the voucher is £500
- The voucher code is valid for one use only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher
- The voucher code is valid for 1 year for redemption from the day of winner announcement
- The booking must include a flight from Manchester Airport to Hong Kong International Airport with Cathay Pacific and can be used on hotels
- The voucher is non-transferable, cannot be refunded and no change can be given
- If the intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the voucher, the difference can be made up with card payment.
- The travel must take place before the expiry date, which is 1 year after the day of winner announcement
- The Prize Winner and any companion are responsible for obtaining and maintaining their own travel insurance, travel documents (including passports and any visas) and inoculations that may be required to visit Hong Kong or any other destination
- All other general terms & conditions apply & can be viewed here: https://fly.manchesterairport.co.uk/terms
- The Prize Winner and any companion must be over 18 years of age and all passengers must hold a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining on the date of the return trip.
Handling of Personal Data
- Without limitation, entrants’ personal data collected by the Promoter may be shared with the Prize Sponsor for the purposes explained in these Terms and/or processed by the Prize Sponsor on behalf of the Promoter in order to administer the Prize Competition and facilitate delivery of the Prize.
- Where data is shared by the Promoter with the Prize Sponsor as an independent data controller, the Prize Sponsor will determine the legal basis for any use of entrants’ personal data. Entrants should consult the Prize Sponsor to understand how their personal data may be used.
- The Promoter and Prize Sponsor may be required to share the personal data of the Prize Winner and the Travel Companion with nominated airlines, hotel and tour operator partners and other third parties for the purposes of redemption and facilitation of the Prize.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of residence of major prize winners (and, if applicable copies of their winning entries) to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to the Promoter (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within two weeks after the closing date of the Prize Competition.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter by email to email@example.com or by correspondence to the address given above. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Prize Winner and any companion may be required to participate in reasonable publicity and marketing activity as a condition of receiving the Prize. These activities (the “Publicity”) include but are not limited to:
- Social Media
- Website Communications
- Video or Film Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Email Marketing
The Prize Winner acknowledges that the Promoter and Prize Sponsor have the right to use such Publicity in any medium and in any reasonable manner. Should any companion be required to take part in the stated promotional activity, express written consent to Publicity be sought by the Promoter and Prize Sponsor, and the Prize Winner acknowledges that receipt of this consent may be a condition to receiving or enjoying the continued benefit of the Prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- During or in connection with this Campaign, if any entry data or Ticket offer notifications are lost, inaccurate, corrupted, unidentifiable or damaged, the Promoter and Prize Sponsor shall not have any liability in respect of any participant’s disqualification or failure to obtain or redeem a Ticket.
- Neither the Promoter or the Prize Sponsor nor its directors, employees, agents, or suppliers will have any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment suffered by any Entrant or any other persons entering the Campaign or as a result of accepting any Ticket. the Promoter or the Prize Sponsor are not responsible for any medical conditions, costs, or expenses incurred or suffered by any Entrant or any other persons as a result of any event of force majeure; any problems or technical malfunctions; any software or email failure; or any combination thereof.
- By entering the Campaign, Entrants agree that no claim shall be asserted against the Promoter or the Prize Sponsor, its directors, officers, employees, or agents relating to any and all losses or injuries (including special, indirect, and consequential losses), damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance or use of any Ticket, including, without limitation,
- The decisions of the Promoter and Prize Sponsor in all matters in relation to the Prize Competition are exercised at their absolute discretion, shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or temporarily or permanently discontinue this Prize Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud) or if the Promoter considers it necessary or advisable to do so in its sole discretion.
- The Prize Competition, these terms and conditions and any dispute arising in connection with them will be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any sole provision in these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall persist in full effect. These terms and conditions are written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and a translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.