Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier of Malaysia, offering the best way to fly non-stop to Malaysia, flying from Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur onboard the state-of-the-art Airbus A350. The airline carries travellers on memorable journeys inspired by Malaysia’s diverse richness.
Malaysia Airlines embodies the incredible diversity of Malaysia, capturing its rich traditions, cultures, cuisines and warm hospitality on board, while opening up more of Malaysia’s destinations than any other airline.
As a member of oneworld, Malaysia Airlines and its partners in the global alliance offer a superior, seamless travel experience. oneworld offers special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including access to more than 650 airport lounges worldwide.
For more information, please visit malaysiaairlines.com
Can you fly with Malaysia Airlines?
Scheduled flights from London to Kuala Lumpur are operating on a reduced timetable, departing from Heathrow Terminal 2 every Friday from June until October 2021.
What safety measures can travellers expect from Malaysia Airlines?
Malaysia Airlines’ ‘Fly Confidently’ and ‘Travel Responsibly’ campaigns provide customers with a clear overview of what they can expect from a flight with Malaysia Airlines. This includes a detailed step-by-step walk through of the passenger experience, from checking-in safely online at home, through to enhanced safety measures onboard.
The procedures put in place by the airline comply with the guidelines set by international and local regulatory bodies, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the World Health Organization, the International Air Transport Association, and the Ministry of Health of Malaysia.
- Conducting contactless temperature and security checks prior to boarding.
- More regular cleaning of self-service kiosks, check-in counters, airport facilities and hard surfaces in the cabin including seats, tray-tables, overhead lockers, lavatories and galleys.
- Providing personal protective equipment for all cabin crew, including safety goggles, face masks, surgical-grade gloves and protective overalls.
- Requiring passengers to wear a face mask during boarding and throughout their flight, except when they are eating or drinking.
- Maintaining social distancing wherever possible, through measures such as staggered boarding and entry into the boarding lounge.
- Installing high-efficiency particle (HEPA) filters, which are capable of filtering 99.97% of dust particles and airborne contaminants such as viruses and bacteria. The air is continually refreshed with air from outside and purified every three minutes.
- Providing a complimentary hygiene kit to all passengers onboard, which includes two face masks, a disinfectant wipe and hand gel sanitiser.
For more information on the Fly Confidently campaign, click here.
What are the entry restrictions for passengers entering Malaysia?
All passengers travelling into Malaysia are required to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine at dedicated quarantine centres upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and bear the cost for quarantine as determined by the Malaysian Ministry of Health.
The 14-day quarantine requirement upon arrival at KLIA is also applicable for passengers with a domestic connection to Peninsular Malaysia.
Transit passengers to Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan must undergo a Covid-19 test at the international entrance before their flights.
The Government of Malaysia requires all passengers, including Malaysian passengers, to undergo a Covid-19 test three days before their flight to Malaysia. However, they are subject to a Covid-19 screening test upon arrival. The costs for the test will be borne by the passengers, as determined by the Malaysian Ministry of Health.
For more information, click here.
What happens if travellers need to change a booking with Malaysia Airlines?
With the changing travel conditions and customer preferences as a result of this challenging time, Malaysia Airlines’ Horizontal Fare Family, across the Economy cabin, allows consumers to fully customise their journey based on their travel needs.
Economy Horizontal Fare Family – whether your customers want priority privileges or flexibility to change their future travel plans, Economy Flex packs all your travel needs into one single fare for your convenience. There is also Economy Lite and Economy Basic to choose from. Find out more here.
Malaysia Airlines webinars
To learn all about the latest updates from Malaysia Airlines as well as The Datai Langkawi out in Malaysia, click here to watch our webinar.
To learn more about Malaysia Airlines, watch our previous webinar here.
Last updated August 11, 2021