Two new members have been appointed to the board of the UK and Europe chapter of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation.
Warren Solomon, tourism director for Montserrat and Ali Nicholls, head of partnerships at Charitable Travel have joined following a members’ vote.
They will be joining the following board members:
• Nadine Rankin AMG
• Cheryl Carter, Barbados Tourism Marketing
• Marc James, British Airways
• Jenny Peart, Caribtours
• Darrin Des Vignes, Dominica Tourism Authority
• Sheena Paton, Kuoni
• Colin Pegler, Resort Marketing International
• Patricia Charley Leon, St Lucia Tourism Authority
• Mags Longstaff, Tropical Sky
• Steve Gilchrist, Virgin Holidays
Chapter chairman Pegler said: “We are thrilled to welcome Ali Nicholls and Warren Solomon to the board.
“Their wealth of experience will enrich our approach, and output, at such a crucial time in the recovery of the industry.”
Nicholls said: “The Caribbean travel industry has played a major part in my career and I’m delighted to be able to step up to play a more central role to drive business to the region.”
Solomon said: “I am passionate about enhancing our beloved industry, and with over 15 years in the travel, tourism and hospitality business, I look forward to having a platform to share my knowledge and discuss the crucial topics affecting our members and partners.”