If your hair is suffering from winter distress, TW2 can come to the rescue. We’ve asked hairdresser to stars Trevor Sorbie how you can keep your locks looking luscious despite the freeze.
Here are his top tips:
- Lots of styling and winter weather can strip natural oils and moisture from your hair. Fight back by using a concentrated conditioning treatment.
Try Trevor Sorbie Professional Deep Intensive Conditioning Treatment (£4.49) once a week).
- If you’re still styling your hair after the party season take extra care – especially with those straighteners. Heat from electrical appliances can cause lasting damage to the structure of the hair as well as the surface, which means it not only looks and feels dry but is prone to irreparable breakages.
Try Trevor Sorbie Professional Straightening Addict Protect Flatten and Shine Spray, costing £4.99.
- Be gentle with your head. The ideal way to shampoo is to massage your scalp to help promote blood circulation to the area.
- Wash your hair less often as every time you wash it you strip away its natural oil.
- Brush your hair before washing so it doesn’t become knotted with towel drying.
- Don’t towel dry too vigorously as it disturbs the cuticle.
- Don’t blow dry with a metal brush as it can singe your hair.
- Take advantage of this winter’s trend for beanie or trilby hats to protect your mane – but use a styling product to make sure it’s not a flat mess when you take the hat off. Trevor Sorbie Professional Firm Hold Hairspray costs £4.49.
- Feed your hair properly – just like the rest of the body, it needs nutrients. A morning smoothie of banana, honey, yoghurt and low-fat milk is rich in biotin and great for bringing lacklustre locks back to their shiny best.