The Travel Weekly Agent Excellence Awards are once again on the lookout for the best the industry has to offer. Emily Ashwell reports
Travel Weekly’s Agent Excellence Awards are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever.
Following last year’s awards, when more than 40 of the best individuals and agencies in the industry were given national recognition, we’re out to do it again.
We want to recognise the cream of the retail travel industry – whether it is a sales team that provides the local community with outstanding customer service or an agency that’s had a good idea and turned it into a new business venture.
We’re looking for agents and agencies that go the extra mile to excel at what they do – managers who motivate staff to consistently beat targets, homeworkers who have built up a business from scratch to become holidaymakers’ first point of call, or agencies that have cornered the cruise market.
This year we’re holding four Agent Excellence Awards ceremonies around the country – in the Midlands, the southwest and Wales, the north and the southeast. We’ll also be giving out awards in Scotland later in the year.
To find out how you can enter, visit www.twawards.co.uk.
Who can enter?
The awards are open to readers who work in the retail travel trade – specifically retail shops, call centres and homeworkers.
The awards will be given to individual agents or teams. You can either enter yourself or you can nominate someone else.
The most important thing is to get nominations in – you’ve got to be in it to win it.
1. You’ve put in all the hard work, so why not be recognised for it? You might know your team or agency is the best, but there can be no harm in spelling it out to customers.
2. It is good marketing and PR. Make a song and dance about it and tell your local paper. Who knows how many new customers it could bring in?
3. You’ll become one of Travel Weekly’s Premier Agents, with access to a dedicated website where you can access exclusive offers on training opportunities and other promotions.
4. Winning will look great on your CV and will help build your profile in the industry.
5. If shortlisted, you’ll be hosted at the awards ceremony that will be held at one of Travel Weekly’s regional balls.
How to enter
You can nominate yourself, your team, another individual or another team. All you have to do is answer six simple questions about the nominees’ achievements over the past year.
Enter online at www.twawards.co.uk.
If you’re a supplier and would like to put forward an agent, please e-mail email@example.com with the name and contact details of the agent and the reason why you are nominating them.
Make sure you enter by:
- Midlands and east of England: May 2
- Southwest and Wales: June 20
- Northern: August 8
- Southeast: September 5
- Videos, photos and lists of winners from the2007 Agency Achievement Awards