A six-point manifesto ahead of the general election has been issued by UKinbound urging the new government to build new trade partnerships across the world.
The trade association has outlined its key asks for the tourism industry, which will help to secure the ambition of a new ‘Global Britain’ ahead of Brexit negotiations.
• Increase funding for the GREAT campaign
• Support language teaching to grow the skills we need
• Remove the fiscal and regulatory obstacles to growth
• Build a world-class transport infrastructure
• Reform our visa system to maintain access for EU visitors and attract priority markets
• Provide long-term funding for our national tourist boards
UKinbound chief executive, Deirdre Wells, said: “I’m pleased to announce UKinbound’s tourism manifesto, which if implemented would enhance the success and competitiveness of the industry in the long term, leading the way to a new Global Britain.
“The UK’s tourism industry is already our fifth biggest export earner and with the right support we have the capability to attract even more business from across the globe to the four corners of the UK.”
The industry employs more than three million people across the country and in 2016 was responsible for contributing over £22 billion to the UK economy.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.