Gail Ryan, manager of The Co-operative Travel’s central Manchester branch, which was the company’s regional branch of the year in 2009, gives her tips on closing a sale.
1. Don’t be afraid to ask for the business. As sales people we give a fantastic service but don’t ask for the booking at the crucial time.
2. Be confident that you have done your research. Have you met their needs? Go over their initial request and ensure you have the right holiday
3. Use your team. Between you, you have a wealth of experience: don’t think it shows weakness by asking colleagues for a recommendation – customers usually like it.
4. Create a sense of urgency. For example, say there is only one room left.
5. Think about the language you use. Customers don’t want a nice hotel or a nice beach – they want a fabulous pool area, an award-winning restaurant, world-class spa, stunning white-sand beach and so on.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.