Teletext Holidays managing director Victoria Sanders was named as Woman of the Year at last night’s Women 1st Shine Awards 2011.
The Travel Weekly columnist was also named in the inaugural Top 100 Most Influential Women in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism industries.
Also included in the list were: Virgin Holidays’ managing director Amanda Wills, British Travel Awards managing director Lorraine Barnes-Burton, TWgroup editor-in-chief Lucy Huxley and Association of Cruise Experts director Flo Powell.
- Follow Lucy Huxley on Twitter
- Read our November 2010 interview with Amanda Wills
- Read Victoria Sanders’ latest Travel Weekly column
Sharon Glancy, founder of Women 1st, said: “Victoria Sanders is an inspiration to us all.
“She relaunched the Teletext Holidays business by embracing 21st century technology and turned it round from making a £5.5 million loss to a £2.7 million profit in just two years. All this was done during one of the most challenging economic periods.
“Her contribution to the industry has been invaluable and we at Women 1st are proud to honour her achievements. We hope our accolade will inspire countless others, both men and women, to reach their career aspirations in our vibrant industry.”
The 2011 Women 1st Shine Award winners unveiled at a ceremony at the Savoy Hotel in London hosted by broadcaster Gaby Roslin were:
- Woman of the Year Award: Victoria Sanders, managing director, Teletext Holidays
- Outstanding Entrepreneur Award: Jillian MacLean, managing director, Drake & Morgan
- Rising Star Award: Xoe Donovan, general manager, The Longford House Beefeater and Cannock South Premier Inn
- Mentor of the Year Award: Lou Willcock, founder and director, IndiCater
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Robyn Jones OBE, chief executive, CH&Co
- Small Business Award: ABode Hotels
- Large Business Award: Sodexo UK & Ireland
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.