From day one, in 1984, it’s always been people who make Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic. The beating heart of our business, the soul of our bright red brand. The customers we proudly fly and our people that go the extra mile. It’s these people and their magnificent spirit that we’ve put at the heart of our new campaign. A dazzling collection of individuals who march to their own drumbeat and fly their own path, coming together to proudly say; “I am what I am”.
As we enter this exciting new era, we’ll look to the future with our sleeves rolled up, unafraid to take on the big issues facing travel. This means doing better for our planet and the destinations we serve by becoming more sustainable. It also means working hard to make travel and the world open to everyone, no matter who you are, who you love, or where you go. And of course, never, ever forgetting the small stuff. Details make the difference at 30,000 feet. The clink of Champagne glasses on a special occasion or a cheeky cream tea. Continually raising the bar by giving every booking, conversation and journey that individual touch.
See the world differently with Virgin Atlantic
At Virgin Atlantic, we’ve always championed individuality. After all, travel is one of life’s greatest joys – but only if everyone can be themselves. So join us in our new campaign, where we encourage everyone to feel like they belong, taking pride in what makes you special.
Those that are their own captain. A crew like no other. Those who were born to fly.
Now is the time to be your own captain! Tell us how YOU ‘see the world differently’ and stand a chance to win two return Economy Delight tickets to a dream destination with Virgin Atlantic.
Make sure you have entered by no later than 30 June 2022.
Virgin Atlantic – See the world differently T&C’s
- The Promotera: The promoters of this prize draw are Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited of, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF, and Travel Weekly Group limited of, 3rd Floor, 52 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0AU.
- Eligibility: The prize draw is open to all UK Travel Trade Front Line Sales Agents aged 18 years or older, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Promotion Period: The opening date is 12:01 on Thursday 28th April 2022. The closing date is 23:59 on Thursday 30th June 2022.
- Entry: Upload a video or photo to https://travelweekly.co.uk/articles/451459/win-two-return-economy-delights-tickets-to-a-dream-destination-with-virgin-atlantic and tell us how you ‘See the world differently’. Stand a chance of winning 1 x pair return Economy Delight tickets to a dream destination with Virgin Atlantic.
- Prize-specific conditions also apply: In addition to these terms and conditions, the prize is also subject to the further prize-specific conditions, set out in Annex 1 at the back of these terms and conditions. In the event of any conflict between these terms and conditions and any prize-specific terms and conditions, the prize-specific terms and conditions in Annex 1 will prevail.
- Winner Selection: One winner will be selected to redeem the prize of 1 x pair return Economy Delight tickets on a Virgin Atlantic flight. The winner will be selected based on the most suited incentive submission and motivation in line with the ‘See the world differently’ campaign. Each entry submission will be vetted by a panel of Virgin Atlantic representatives and such, the winning submission will be selected by the Virgin Atlantic Leadership panel mentioned above in accordance with the promoters’ key pillars and encompassing the promoters’ values and beliefs. The winner will not be selected at random. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by telephone / email at the end of the incentive period and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility and acceptance of the prize, within 7 days of initial contact. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
- Prize Acceptance: The winner must contact the promoter within 28 days of acceptance of the prize to arrange fulfilment of the prize. If the winner does not inform the Promoter within this period, the Promoter will reserve the right to not reissue the prize or limit its value at their sole discretion.
- The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable to any other individual and cannot be requested by the winner and no cash alternative is offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Any Virgin Atlantic flight bookings using company concessions are excluded from this promotion.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon booking a qualifying flight during the Promotion Period. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize or seek recovery of its value if the prize has been awarded to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries submitted by macros or other automated means together with entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions. in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script,’ ‘brute force,’ masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means to increase that entrant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the rules of the Promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void. Entrants are not permitted to enter using anonymous email services such as, but not limited to, GuerillaMail, Dispostable or Mailinator.
- The Promoter must be informed of any special access requests (wheelchair access or any similar access needs) which are necessary for the enjoyment of the prize.
- Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that (at the time of travel) you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports (that will remain valid for at least 6 months after arrival at destination, including the US), any necessary visas, other required documentation to comply with applicable immigration or other travel regulations for the flight in question on the travel dates specified.
- All elements of the prize package must be used as part of the same trip. If the winner elects to use any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than the entire booking, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guests specific when the winner claims the prize and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
- Unless otherwise stated in the relevant prize-specific terms at Annex 1, the prize does not include travel insurance, accommodation, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food, drink, spending money, tax, or personal expenses.
- Any costs incurred in addition to the prize listed at Annex 1 shall be incurred at the winner’s expense including but not limited to: food, drinks, transport, telephone charges, room service, laundry service, optional excursions, tips, service charges, taxes, souvenirs, merchandise, and any other incidental expenses.
- Responsibility for guests: The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and any guest whilst using the prize and the winner and the guest must abide by any relevant terms and conditions set by the airline which form part of the prize. Any children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian aged 18 years or over.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or any guest from participation in any aspect of the prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the prize or if the winner and/or their guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who writes to Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited, The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley RH10 9DF (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated in condition 3. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter Customer Centre Telephone: 0344 874 7747. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- The Promoter’s responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- The Promoter (together with any associated agencies and companies) is not responsible for any loss or damage you suffer in connection with this Promotion or by accepting or using a prize won under this Promotion, that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both the Promoter and you knew it might happen.
- The Promoter does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence or the negligence of its employees, agents, or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The Promoter is not liable for business losses. Any prize won under this Promotion is for domestic and private use. If you use the prize for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- The Promoter is also not responsible for failure to meet any of its obligations under the terms and conditions where such failure is due to events beyond its reasonable control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect or limit your rights under the law. For more information about your rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Bureau.
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, this will not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the details in any promotional material, the details in these terms and conditions will prevail.
- The prize draw shall be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Annex 1 – Prize-specific terms and conditions
Further prize-specific terms and conditions
|a) A prize award win of 1 x pair return flight tickets valid on Virgin Atlantic Airways (“VAA”) Economy Class Delight Travel on any VAA direct/non-stop route.|
b) Valid for Travel Trade Front Line Sales Agents in the UK (England, Scotland, and Wales only) over the age of 18 years old.
c) Any VAA flight bookings using company concessions are excluded from this promotion.
1. This prize is non-refundable/non-transferrable/non-changeable.
2. This terms and conditions supersede any flexible booking policy offered by VAA.
3. This prize is as per winning entry submission. One winner will be selected to redeem the prize of the above mentioned 1 x pair of return Economy Class Delight tickets on a VAA flight. The winner will be selected based on the most suited incentive submission and motivation in line with the ‘See the world differently’ campaign. Each entry submission will be vetted by a panel of VAA representatives and such, the winning submission will be selected by the VAA Leadership panel mentioned above in accordance with the promoters’ key pillars. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. The winner will not be selected at random. VAA will contact the individual via e-mail / telephonically if they have been selected as the winner.
4. The winner of the incentive must travel. No refund on residual flight voucher balance will be provided. Lead customer is passenger 1.1 as referenced in the original booking information.
5. The voucher can be used against the cash element of a Reward Flight booking to cover taxes, fees and charges.
6. The voucher cannot be used for Points Plus Money bookings.
7. This prize is valid on VAA flights only.
8. This prize is not valid on non-VAA operated flights despite marketed by VAA e.g., VAA marketed flights operated by Air France (AF), KLM (KL), or any other airline partners.
9. This prize cannot be used for any future bookings fulfilled by Virgin Atlantic Holidays e.g., holiday package bookings, flight+hotel, etc.
10. All travel must be completed by 30Jun23 only. Excludes any travel during the following block out periods: 21Oct22 to 30Oct22 & 10Dec22 to 8Jan23 & 10Feb23 to 19Feb23 & 1Apr23 to 16Apr23. All travel means both departure date and return date. Strictly no date extensions.
11. Fare difference charges may apply for subsequent changes to travel plans.
12. If your flight is cancelled due to operational reasons, we will look to protect / rebook for an alternative date.
13. The prize winner must notify the Promoter to fulfill the prize within 28 days of being notified of their win. Contact Bradley.email@example.com for winner confirmation email if not received to redeem via the VAA customer center.
14. This prize has no monetary value.
15. Reward flights are subject to availability and full taxes, fees and carrier-imposed surcharges apply.
16. All passengers are carried by VAA in accordance with its Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and its Conditions of Contract (as may be amended from time to time). VAA’s published Conditions of Carriage apply and are available at http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/help-centre/conditions-of-carriage.html
17. In the event there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and the Conditions of Carriage will prevail.
18. VAA reserves the right to:
18.1. withdraw the promotion.
18.2. cancel or change the promotion; and/or
18.3. amending these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary and without further notice.