News

Beachcomber Tours adds the Maldives to its portfolio

Beachcomber Tours has brought out its first programme to the Maldives after delaying its launch due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Indian Ocean specialist had intended to launch the destination last year after work began on the programme in 2019.

The operator now offers eight destinations, including other similar beach destinations Mauritius and the Seychelles. Its other destinations are Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah, Abu Dhabi, Oman and Morocco.

Mark Boulle, managing director, said: “The Maldives are a natural fit and enhancement of our existing Indian Ocean product.”

The operator is offering a programme of 20 resorts in the Maldives from four star to five star. The properties cater for all markets, including families holidays, all inclusive trips and honeymoons.

UK sales manager Sarah Archer said the operator, which is a long-standing member of The Specialist Travel Association (Aito), had enjoyed positive initial feedback from the trade about the destination launch and had started to take bookings.

She added: “After working on this since 2019 we decided we would launch now as travel starts its recovery. I am delighted to add the Maldives to our destination portfolio and its inclusion in our programme now gives our agent partners a trilogy of Indian Ocean options for their customers.”

The Maldives is featured on the operator’s website and in an online brochure. Ten nights in an adults-only over water bungalow at the Anantara Veli Maldives, with return economy flights, costs from £3,150 half-board including speedboat transfers in the Maldives and departing on September 17, 2021.

Share article

View Comments

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.