In association with: Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board
New attractions and hotels have opened across this hotspot in The Bahamas
Nassau Paradise Island is solidifying its reputation as the ultimate family fun destination, with new water parks, resorts and activities to keep parents and children entertained. And now, with several direct flights available, it’s more accessible than ever.
Virgin Atlantic operates a service straight to Nassau twice a week, and British Airways flies six times a week, so your clients can be in The Bahamas’ vibrant capital in less than 10 hours.
Fun in the sun
Escaping on a family holiday to the sunny Caribbean may be extra‑appealing for your clients now that there are even more places to stay and play. The new Margaritaville Beach Resort, which opened its doors last summer, is suitable for all guests, and with a kids’ club and a water park on site, there’s plenty to keep families entertained.
The new Baha Bay welcomed its first visitors last summer
The Fins Up Water Park is one of two new parks that has opened in Nassau Paradise Island in the past year. With a lazy river, waterslides and surf simulator, guests of Margaritaville can enjoy unlimited access. Visitors staying elsewhere won’t miss out, with day passes available to purchase.
Meanwhile, over at the luxury resort of Baha Mar, the new Baha Bay also welcomed its first visitors last summer. There are more than 30 attractions here, including 24 waterslides, and two areas, Turtle Beach and Stingray Cove, suitable for the youngest guests.
Five of the best family activities
1. Take a trip to Aquaventure: Aquaventure at Atlantis Paradise Island is the largest water park in the Caribbean, covering an area of 141 acres.
2. Taste chocolate at Graycliff: This hotel is home to activities including cigar rolling and wine blending, but head to the chocolatier to sample the sweet treats made on site.
3. Stop by the Educulture Junkanoo Museum: The Bahamas is known for its lively parades. Learn all about the history of Junkanoo and its significance here.
4. See the flamingos at Baha Mar: Flamingo Cay is a unique habitat where guests can learn all about these beautiful birds and how their population is preserved.
5. Visit the swimming pigs: An excursion to Sandy Toes will give families a chance to see the famous pigs swimming in the sea.
Follow me to Nassau Paradise Island
There are 18 hotels and resorts in the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board portfolio, from ultra-luxury hotels to self-catering villas, at all price points. To find out more about the member hotels and their amenities, visit nassauparadiseisland.com/stay
Book and earn
Earn rewards when booking Nassau Paradise Island’s member properties. Learn more at nassaurewards.com
PICTURES: Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board; André Musgrove