DO you know your Antalya from your Ankara or are you completely stuffed when a client asks you to talk Turkey?
Try our quiz and you could win a holiday…
1. Turkey’s capital city is…
2. Name the sailing boats that cruise along the coastline?
3. Which flower comes from Turkey?
4. Which of the following empires has Istanbul not been a capital of?
5. If you were booking a holiday in Dalyan, which airport would your clients fly to?
a. Bodrum Airport
b. Antalya Airport
c. Dalaman Airport
6. What is Istanbul’s old name?
7. The local currency is…
a. New Turkish rouble
b. New Turkish lira
c. New Turkish mark
8. What sea lies to the north of the country?
a. Red Sea
b. Black Sea
c. Dead Sea
9. Istanbul straddles two continents. Which are they?
10. Visitors are welcome to visit mosques outside prayer time but what must women do before entering?
a. Say a prayer
b. Remove their shoes and cover their heads
c. Wash themselves
11. Which operator launched its first Undiscovered Turkey brochure in December?
a. Thomas Cook
b. Jewel in the Crown
c. Serenity Holidays
12. On which Turkish peninsula did thousands of soldiers die during World War I?
13. Thomson A La Carte has a new brand of hotels in Turkey offering extensive sport and leisure facilities. Name the brand.
14. First Choice has 50 all-inclusive properties in Turkey, but which is the highest rated?
a. Titanic Beach and Resort Hotel
b. Hotel Cornelia
c. Royal Asarlik Beach
15. What attracts cruise passengers to Kusadasi?
b. The Blue Mosque
16. Who founded the Turkish Republic?
a. Bogdan Khmelnitsky
b. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
c. Mustafa Holiday
17. A major event will take place in Turkey on March 29. What is it?
a. The football World Cup final
b. The Whirling Dervish Festival
c. A total solar eclipse
18. What hot drink did the Turks introduce to the West?
b. Hot chocolate
19. How many Turkish resorts feature in Thomas Cook’s new Spa and Sport brochure?
20. If you dipped your toes in the sea off the coast of Bodrum, which sea would it be?
a. The Mediterranean
b. The Ionian
c. The Aegean
How to enter
To celebrate the launch of flights to Dalaman from Durham Tees Valley Airport and Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Holidays4U is offering one lucky agent the chance to win one week’s bed and breakfast for two at the Hotel Keskin in Dalyan, including flights.
The hotel is close to the centre of Dalyan which has great beaches and places of historical interest.
For a chance to win (usual terms and conditions apply), send your quiz answers, name, agency address, ABTA number and daytime telephone number, to:
‘Turkey Comp’ Travel Weekly,
Entries must be in by February 10.