InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific Rewards
Official Sweepstakes Rules – December 2006
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific Rewards is open to all persons who are 18 years of age or older, legal residents of the United Kingdom, and are accredited travel agents. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of InterContinental Hotels & Resorts Asia Pacific (“Sponsor”), and its affiliates, subsidiaries, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, (and their immediate families and household members) are NOT eligible.
3. To enter, eligible contestants should go to www.travelweekly.co.uk/academycourses/intercontinentalhotels, complete all five modules in the InterContinental Asia Pacific Specialist course with a pass rate of 80% and above. Each qualified entry will be eligible to win as many prizes per quarterly draw and at the grand raffle draw.
4. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor and its agents and others working for them or on their behalf will have the right to photograph the winners, and entry constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, pictures and likenesses, pictures and likenesses of winners’ place of business, and winners’ city and state of residence(s) in advertising and on the Web Site for no additional compensation.
5. By participating, the entrant agrees to receive promotional or advertising materials via e-mail from Sponsor or its affiliates. Instructions on cancelling such subscription are available on these promotional or advertising materials.
6. The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. GMT on 1st December 2006, and ends at 12:00 midnight GMT 30th November 2007 (“Contest Period”). For the purposes of this sweepstakes, quarters end at 12:00 p.m. GMT on:
- 28th February 2007
- 31st May 2007
- 31st August 2007
- 30th November 2007
The quarterly draws will take place at 4:00 p.m. GMT on:
- 1st March 2007
- 1st June 2007
- 1st September 2007
- 1st December 2007
followed by a Grand Prize draw on 15th December 2007, and will be done electronically through a randomized program and will take place under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Sponsor.
7.: TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES TO BE AWARDED: £14,456.08. Winners of quarterly prizes will be notified by mail at the addresses indicated on the winning entries within 30 days of each quarterly drawing. The Grand Prize will be awarded within 30 days after the final drawing. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are awarded “as is.” Alternative prizes, cash, or other substitutions are not permitted. Prize is nontransferable but Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner, and return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
8. Sponsor and its affiliates, prize suppliers, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies, and dealers, and each of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) shall not be responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Sweepstakes at any time in its sole discretion, including but not limited to circumstances where fraud or other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or where a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be cancelled, notice of cancellation will be posted at www.travelweekly.co.uk/academycourses/intercontinentalhotels. Where applicable, Sponsor will select potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment.
9. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all United Kingdom laws and regulations.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.