Pow Wow International 2007
Las Vegas is hoping to attract more conference business with a planned $800 million renovation of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority president and chief executive Rossi Ralenkotter said the move would be backed by the building of an additional 40,000 rooms in the city within the next six years.
He added the move would be further backed by an aggressive worldwide advertising campaign highlighting Vegas’s attractions that will build the destination’s share of the US tourist market to 18% by 2009, an increase of 5% on the current share.
Ralenkotter said: “You cannot go to any other city in the world where you can see the variety of entertainment that’s on offer every night here.”
More from Pow Wow
- ‘Prepare for boom’ says Hilton boss
- California drafts in Arnie for UK marketing campaign
- Agents in danger of losing Florida market to DIY bookings
- Orlando increases marketing spend as UK visitor numbers fall
- US to mark 400th year as Virginia mourning continues
- Agents urged to demand flexibility from US car hire firms
- Millennium Hotels trials air filtration system
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.