Agent Reporter content
- Dubai supplement written by Agent Reporters
- Caribbean Tourism Organisation Conference: Agent Reporter diary
- Puerto Rico: Agent Reporter photos
What is an Agent Reporter?
An Agent Reporter will attend and report on industry events for Travel Weekly with the aim of extending their destination knowledge and expertise.
Travel Weekly will provide events for agents to attend free of charge; in return agents will provide Travel Weekly with photographs, blog posts, video footage and/or a written article.
Who can become an agent reporter?
Any agent with specialist knowledge relevant to the event or trip. For example, a fam trip to the Caribbean will require an agent who has received training in this area. Agents will be required to provide details of any specialist training received.
What are the benefits?
- Get access to exclusive events and trips
- See your work published by Travel Weekly
- Show customers and colleagues that you have expert knowledge
- Raise your profile as a travel professional
- Receive a year’s membership of the Accredited Travel Professional scheme, a development programme run by ITT and ABTA
- Get Accredited Travel Professional points every time we publish your pictures, video footage, blog posts or articles
Do I need training to become an Agent Reporter?
No. If you can use a pen, keyboard, camera or video camera then you can apply to be a Travel Weekly Agent Reporter. You will be fully briefed by Travel Weekly prior to attending events.
What else do I need to know?
If you are interested, email your name, job title, specialist area and details of relevant training to firstname.lastname@example.org. Travel Weekly will keep your details on file and email you with relevant forthcoming trips or events.
If you are offered an assignment, you will need to talk to your manager immediately to find out if you can attend. Travel Weekly will then liaise with you on the event and what you will be required to do for us while you are away.
More about the Accredited Travel Professional scheme
ATP has a dedicated website where you can find out all about the scheme and its benefits.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.