All the nominations are now in for the prestigious Globe Travel Awards, presented by Travel Weekly in partnership with Associated Newspapers.
From November 16 until November 30, agents can vote for the supplier they feel has providedoutstanding service.The winners will be announced at a ceremony at Grosvenor House Hotel, London, on January 15.
Next year’s awards have a new title to recognise the more prominent role of the consumer awards, which will be presented alongside the trade awards for the first time. There is no change to the trade awards, which are voted for exclusively by agents.
Travel Weekly editor Sarah Longbottom said: “The Globes are one of the few travel awards still voted for only by agents. This is a chance to recognise suppliers who have supported the trade this year.”
The consumer awards, voted for by Associated Newspaper readers, include
- Favourite Cruise Company, sponsored by the Mail on Sunday
- Favourite Airline, sponsored by the Daily Mail
- Best Train Operator, sponsored by the Evening Standard
- Favourite Hotel Chain, sponsored by Metro
- Favourite European Short Break Provider, sponsored by travelmail.co.uk
- Best Online Booking Website, sponsored by London Lite
- Favouite Long-Haul Operator, sponsored by In Luxury
- Favourite Package Provider sponsored by the MailOnline
More agents will be included in this year’s event thanks to Travel Weekly’s new Premier Agent programme, which invites successful agents to attend the ceremony and provide feedback for next year.
TWgroup publishing director Simon Ferguson said: “In the past, mainly suppliers and press have attended the awards so this is a real opportunity for agents to getmore involved.”
- To vote, see a full list of the sponsors, and book tickets, go to globetravelawards.co.uk.
- Votes can also be submitted using the form on pages 36-37 of Travel Weekly’s November 16 issue