Administrators for failed tour operator Travelscope hope to give details of the sale of the company today.
The escorted tours and cruise company went into administration to seek refinancing on December 21.
Administrators confirmed yesterday that all departures for today had been cancelled but said they were hoping to resolve the situation to allow the next departures, due on January 10, to go ahead.
Menzies Corporate Restructuring joint administrator Paul Clark has been in talks with several companies interested in buying all or part of Travelscope.
He said in a statement on the company’s website: “I am seeking to find a resolution which would provide an opportunity for those departures on or after January 10 2008 to continue. Negotiations have continued over the course of the weekend (January 5/6), however a sale has not been finalised. It is expected that I will be in a position to provide you with a further update on Tuesday January 8 regarding this position.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.