Agents who sell high volumes of UK holidays were honoured at last night’s Brit Awards 2008, held at Butlins Bognor Regis.
The event, organised by VisitBritain, attracted 150 agents, leading UK tour operators and regional tourist boards.
Seven operators honoured their top selling shops. The winning shops were:
- Thomas Cook, Hastings for selling Hoseasons
- Midlands Co-op, Heanor for selling Blakes
- Park Travel, Birkenhead for selling Pontin’s
- Co-operative Travel, Gravesend for selling Bourne Leisure
- Thomas Cook, Dundee for selling Superbreak
- WA Worldchoice, Croydon for selling Shearings Holidays
- Thomas Cook, Oldbury for selling Preston Holidays
As well as the awards, the event featured a roadshow for agents to learn about new operator product and a post-awards party that featured X-Factor runner-up Ben Mills and Thomas Cook’s TC Factor winner John Fitzpatrick.
VisitBritain sales and trade marketing manager Claire Hancer, who organised the event, said: “This has been a great turnout with operators enjoying quality time with agents. The mix of roadshow and entertainment from homegrown talent will hopefully get agents thinking more about the UK.”
The event was sponsored by: Enjoy England, Tourism Ireland, Tourism South East, Blakes, Butlins, Haven, Hoseasons, Pontin’s Preston Holidays, Shearings Holidays, Superbreak and Warner Leisure Hotels.