Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has announced it will almost double its Turkey offering for summer 2018 due to customer demand.
The programme includes a new twice-weekly Birmingham to Dalaman route, beginning in May, and adding six services per week on existing routes to Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman and extending the summer season from some UK bases.
The move adds 70,000 more seats for next year, with 430,000 on sale overall.
Capacity to Antalya will be increased by 115%, including:
- Birmingham: Twice weekly service (Tuesdays and Fridays) now starting from Easter (March 30, 2018) instead of late-April
- East Midlands: Season extended by one month with weekly Thursday flights starting from March 29, 2018 instead of early-May
- Edinburgh: Season extended by one month with weekly Tuesday flights starting from Easter (April 3, 2018) instead of early-May
- Leeds Bradford: Introduction of a third weekly flight every Tuesday in addition to flights on Mondays and Thursdays.
- London Stansted: Season extended by one month with two weekly services (Monday and Thursday) starting from Easter (March 29, 2018)
- Manchester: Larger aircraft on peak days and additional of a fourth weekly service every Saturday, in addition to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Newcastle: Introduction of a second weekly flight every Monday in addition to bringing forward the start of the season to March 29, 2018 instead of late-April.
There is also a 56% capacity increase to Dalaman for Summer 2018. The most recent additions include:
- Birmingham: Launch of new route, with two services every week (Monday and Friday) starting from May 4, 2018.
- Glasgow: Season extended by one month with twice weekly flights (Tuesdays and Fridays) starting on May 4, 2018.
- Leeds Bradford: Introduction of a third weekly flight every Thursday in addition to flights on Tuesday and Fridays.
- Manchester: Introduction of a third weekly service, meaning flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from May 4, 2018.
- Newcastle: Season extended by one month with twice weekly flights (Mondays and Fridays) starting on May 4, 2018.
The company has also added a third weekly service to Bodrum from Manchester meaning it will operate on a Tuesday, as well as on Mondays and Thursdays. In total, the company is growing Summer 2018 capacity to Bodrum by 144%.
This growth means that Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will operate up to 43 weekly flights to Turkey during peak periods from across its nine UK bases.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “Turkey is a fantastic destination offering British holidaymakers great value in addition to a stunning climate and rich culture. Since putting our Summer ’18 programme to Turkey on sale, we have seen a huge upswing in bookings so we are delighted to be increasing our Turkish programme even more. With new routes, more flights and more great value package holidays on sale, we hope that Turkey will be one of the big success stories of our biggest ever summer programme.”
Selcuk Can, UK & Ireland director at the Turkish Culture and Information Office, said: “Jet2.com and Jet2holidays is one of our biggest partners in the UK, and I’m delighted to hear that demand for holidays in Turkey is increasing and that additional flights to Turkey have been scheduled.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.