Trade only operator Funway has enjoyed the best trading day in its 25 year history.
The tour operator said revenues were up by a record 110% on Saturday, January 27, compared with the same day last year.
Passenger numbers were up 115% for the same day.
Las Vegas was the top-sellling destination on the day with sales up 183%.
The US made up 65% of sales on the day and Mexico and Caribbean made up the remaining 35%.
Marketing director Nick Talbot said: “Travel agents have really embraced the offers we communicated and generated a huge amount of sales.”
Average selling prices for Mexico and Caribbean are up by more than £400, which has further improved revenues, said Talbot.
“The early indications suggest Mexico and the Caribbean will do well after a difficult spell last year,” he added. “The US in general is really starting to bounce back now after a slow start in the first two weeks of January.”
The operator said its £25 deposits, introduced to mark its 25th anniversary year, had also helped to drive further bookings.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.