Fly, flop, dive or shop! Five generous travel companies are offering agents some fabulous prizes to help Travel Weekly celebrate its 40th birthday.
- WIN a £50 experience voucher
- WIN a pair of BA tickets
- WIN a stay at Sandals
- WIN a New York shopping trip
- WIN a £40-per-night stay in Barbados
Read more below, or download the full competition page from our 40th anniversary supplement.
DoSomethingDifferent.com, the award-winning experience provider, is offering agents the chance to win one of 40 £50 vouchers.
These can be spent on any of the 1,500 experiences available in more than 25 countries in the DoSomethingDifferent range.
From diving with sharks in South Africa to horse-riding in Iceland, there is something for everyone. Simply answer this question:
Question: How many experiences does DoSomethingDifferent.com offer worldwide?
To enter: Email your answer and details, by July 2, to email@example.com
To celebrate 40 years of Travel Weekly, British Airways is offering a pair of tickets to each of the destinations to which the airline first flew in 1970 – Bucharest, Pisa, Palma, Miami, Belgrade and Sofia.
Question: Sofia is the capital of which country?
To enter: Email your answer, together with your name, address and contact number, by June 30, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandals, the Caribbean all-inclusive specialist, is offering one reader the chance to win a fabulous seven-night stay at any of its properties in Jamaica.
Judges will pick a winner at random from agent submissions to this poser:
Challenge: Describe in 50 words how you and your partner could celebrate a special occasion at a Sandals Luxury Included® Resort. Entrants must have completed Sandals and Beaches training at sellingsandals.co.uk by June 30.
To enter: Email your entry, plus contact details, by July 2, 2010, to email@example.com
Major Travel, the online agent specialising in worldwide travel, is offering a fantastic shopping trip to Woodbury Common Premium Outlet in New York State.
The prize includes return flights, transfers, a three-night stay at a three-star hotel and $200 to spend at Woodbury Common.
Question: What is Major Travel’s website address?
To enter: Email your answer and contact details, by July 10, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Elegant Hotels Group’s Tamarind Cove will close for a complete metamorphosis, transforming into the new contemporary “Tamarind”.
To celebrate its reopening this November, Elegant Hotels Group is offering 40 agents the chance to stay at the Barbados property for just £40*pppn.
Question: What will Tamarind Cove be called when it reopens in November?
To enter: Email your answer and contact details, by July 2, to email@example.com (write ‘TW comp’ in subject line).
Terms and Conditions
- These flights are booked in a prizewinner category and availability is limited on all flights so please allow as much notice as possible to make your arrangements, certainly no less than three weeks.
- Flights can be booked up to three months in advance.
- Peak travel times such as Easter, Christmas, school holidays, etc should be avoided.
- Flights are on British Airways mainline services only. Partners, alliances and franchise routes are not included.
- Tickets, expiry date and destination are non-transferable.
- Please note, no accommodation is included.
- Flights are subject to availability and the airline cannot be confirmed until seats are requested.
- Airport taxes are payable by the prizewinner.
- Prize must be taken by the end of March 2011.
- The prize has no cash value and is non-transferable.
- Bookings must be made at least four weeks in advance.
- The winning agent must take their trip before the end of September 2010.
- Winners will be picked at random by Sandals Resorts after the closing date of July 2, 2010.
- Online training for Sandals and Beaches Resort brands must be completed by June 30, 2010, otherwise entry will be disqualified.
- Applicants must be 18 or over to be eligible.
- Winners will be notified by Sandals and Beaches Resorts and will be contacted personally by phone by Sandals.
- The prize includes seven nights’ accommodation on an all-inclusive basis with transfers to and from resort only, at any Sandals Jamaica Resorts.
- Return flights, transfers and spending money are NOT included.
- Travel insurance must be purchased before travel and is not included.
- Promoter is Unique Vacations (UK) Ltd, 34-36 Ives Street, London SW3 2ND. Registered office: 34-36 Ives St, London SW3 2ND. Incorporated in England/Wales. Registered number 02355921. Acts as an agent for Sandals and Beaches Resorts Inc.
Elegant Hotels Group
- Elegant Hotels Group offer valid for the first 40 UK/Ireland/Europe-based travel agents, who have previously booked Elegant Hotels Group, who email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line must read “TW comp” and must be received no later than July 2, 2010.
- The first 40 agents are eligible for a maximum four-night stay at Tamarind Cove by Elegant Hotels, Barbados, at an introductory rate of £40 per person per room night, based on double occupancy, maximum two persons, in a standard room based on availability for travel between May 1, 2011, and December 15, 2011, booked at least 90 days prior to travel dates.
- Complete stay details and booking instructions will be on award certificate and emailed to winning travel agents no later than September 30, 2010.
- This offer has no cash value, cannot be transferred, extended, applied or combined with any other offer.
- The first 40 entries will be determined by the date and time of received email entry and validity of travel agent applicant.
- Elegant Hotels Group maintains the right to relocate travel agent to a comparable accommodation within Elegant’s sister hotels.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.