Nominations have opened for the 2019 awards run by the Association of Women Travel Executives.
The awards are designed to recognise the achievements of women from across the travel industry.
A new rising star award has been introduced to recognise new and upcoming talent.
Finalists will be selected by a panel of travel industry judges from the nominations put forward.
The winners will be announced at an awards evening on September 23 at the Mayfair Hotel in London, with a shortlist announced in early September.
Nominations can be made can by visiting awte.co.uk and or by clicking here
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- AWTE Honorary Award – The nominee must be a member who has contributed significantly to the association or the travel industry specifically over the past 12 months.
- Business Impact Award – can be any female in the travel, tourism and hospitality sector who has shown great innovation and made an impact in her role – either as an employee or her own business – and as a result positively impacted her business/and or the industry.
- Company Award – A company in the travel industry which has shown that it supports and is committed to equality on its board and within the management structure. Allowing women to reach their potential within the company and impact the business, or the industry with the company’s support.
- Ambassador Award –Celebrating male colleagues who actively encourage, enable and support women in business
- Rising Star Award – Recognising new and upcoming talent in the industry
The association is also looking for a further five names to add to its list of 60 influential women in the industry.
AWTE chair Claire Osbourne said: “I am really excited to be launching these awards this year, my first as chair.
“Everyday I come across women who are inspiring colleagues to deliver above and beyond, especially in the current challenging environment with so much uncertainty.
“In addition, the support of male colleagues is also helping women succeed in the workplace too.
“These awards are the perfect opportunity for the travel industry to recognise these everyday achievements.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.