One Ocean Expeditions has scrapped a fourth consecutive voyage as the polar line attempts to “rebuild’ its business.
The 11-night Antarctic Peninsula Adventure sailing had been due to depart from Stanley, Falkland Islands, on December 1.
The Canadian-based line pulled the sailing on Monday, adding that restructuring its business had “created complications”.
In a statement issued to customers, managing director Andrew Prossin said: “Our recent efforts at restructuring our business have been going well and we are in advanced discussions now with a qualified potential partner to rebuild our business.
“However, some facets of the restructuring have created complications that will keep us from operating your voyage. Again, please accept our apologies.”
Customers were told the line would be in contact once restructuring had been completed regarding “any compensation possibilities”, Prossin added.
Bristol-based travel agency Swoop Antarctica stopped selling One Ocean Expeditions earlier this month after a sailing due to depart on November 6 was cancelled.
This followed the cancellation of sailings on October 24 and November 21.
Commercial director Alex Mudd said: “We felt we had no option but to immediately stop the sale of all future trips with One Ocean Expeditions and protect our reputation in the market.”
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.