Royal Caribbean has re-launched its agent training programme Cruising for Excellence.
The new online training includes 3D environments for agents to explore as if they are on-board themselves.
Since its launch in 2006, Cruising for Excellence online has trained more than 20,000 travel agents, with half of these agents making it to the highest tier of the training programme.
First developed for the UK and Ireland, the programme is now being rolled out into 13 different languages for the cruiseline’s travel agent partners around the world.
Michelle Russell, trade training manager, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises, said: “Our statistics show again and again that agents who stay up to date with all the Cruising for Excellence training modules sell the most cruises.
“This significant re-launch of the Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises agent training brings to life key features of our ships that consumers often simply think are too good to be true.
“Being able to experience highlights such as Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas’ real outdoor park, or the first-class restaurants onboard Celebrity Cruises’ Solstice-class of ships means that agents can truly share their cruise ship knowledge with confidence.”
Highlights of the new Cruising for Excellence online e-learning programme include virtual graphic ship environments that allow browsers to take a look around features such as Central Park onboard Royal Caribbean International’s Allure of the Seas and the Lawn Club onboard Celebrity Cruises’ Solstice class ships.
They also include:
- Visual training sessions that include quizzes and videos
- A leader-board of top scorers completing the Cruising for Excellence online training to allow everyone to see top achievers
- The opportunity to become a brand ‘Captain’ – the highest achievement in the training programme – per brand so that agents can focus on being a specialist on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises rather than all three if their business focuses on one or two of the brands
- Agents who complete all training modules become the ultimate cruise specialists and gain the “Admiral” status
- Additional information on other training opportunities offered by Cruising for Excellence such as ship visits, face to face training and virtual classroom events
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.