News

Princess Cruises reinstates Egypt calls

Princess Cruises has reinstated calls to Egyptian ports after cancelling them during the revolution that saw the overthrow of the government of President Hosni Mubarak.


The line altered 18 sailings in February as the political unrest intensified including cruises on Star Princess, Dawn Princess, Ocean Princess and Pacific Princess.


Today it has announced these have now been returned to their originally published itineraries. The line’s first Egypt call is scheduled for Sunday May 15.


Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president, said: “The situation in Egypt has calmed considerably since wide-spread protests earlier this year, and the tourist areas aren’t currently being affected.


“So we’re pleased to tell passengers they can once again plan to experience this country’s iconic pyramids and other ancient wonders.”


Passengers booked on cruises due to visit the Egyptian ports of Alexandria and Port Said are being contacted with the revised itinerary information.


Princess said it will continue to monitor the situation in Egypt and consult with various authorities to obtain the latest information and advice.

Share article

View Comments

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.