To celebrate, we sent friend of Queensland Ricky Dunn to explore this vibrant region and report back what it has to offer.
Dive into our Five Minute Fam Trip videos below to join Ricky on the first of Queensland’s virtual fam trips.
Home to rainforests, hiking routes, incredible local produce, award-winning dining and an array of world-class accommodations – now is the time to learn about this vibrant region and be ready to sell this Queensland gem once Australian borders open.
Once you’ve soaked in all this region has to offer, answer the below questions to be in with the chance of winning your very own Scenic Rim inspired ‘Jungle Bundle’ – a rainforest for your home and a Scenic Rim cookbook, plus 20 runners up will score Queensland goodie bags.
Donna Snedden, travel consultant, Barrhead Travel
Angela Daniels. travel consultant. Gold Medal Travel Group
Richard King, travel consultant, Stewart Travel
Gillian Davis, travel counsellor, Travel Counsellors
Carol Smith, personal travel advisor – homeworker, Your Holiday Booking
Carly Cockburn, personal travel consultant, Blue Bay Travel
Sarah Chapman, personal travel advisor, Designer Travel
Alesha Walton, manager, Essential Lifestyle
Emily Jacobs, senior sales consultant, Fred Olsen Travel
Mhairi McGuinness, reservations, Gold Medal
Aaron Tanner, travel consultant, Hays Travel
Natalie Carey, travel consultant, Holidaysplease
Jemma Allerton-Griffiths, sales manager, Kuoni
Nicky Degun, sales manager, Lotus International
Lisa Gray, senior travel expert, Millington Travel
Harv Sethi, manager, Ottery Travel
Emma Stubbs, travel consultant, Prestbury Travel
Samantha Arnold, independent travel agent, Radiance Travel
Jacqueline Brady, senior travel consultant, S N Travel
Ann Lima, assistant manager, Savvi Travel
Alison Cree, travel consultant, Scotia Travel
Justine Pountney, sales consultant, The Sussex Travel Company
Tracey Blackman, travel agent, Travel Counsellors
Kirsty Stewart, travel owner/consultant, Travel Inspired
Donna Graham, travel consultant, Your Holiday Booking
Term and conditions
By submitting an entry, all entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ), Level 8, Green Square North Tower, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley, Queensland, Australia 4006, email@example.com.
- Entrants are required to watch two videos promoting Queensland’s Scenic Rim (found on the Promotion website (https://travelweekly.co.uk/articles/435401/win-prizes-with-queenslands-five-minute-fam-trip)) and then submit their answer to four questions (relating to these videos), as well as their business email address, using the form on the Promotion website (Promotion).
- TEQ will randomly select:
- five winners to each receive the main prize being a ‘Jungle Bundle’ (rainforest for the home) and a Queensland Scenic Rim cookbook; and
- twenty winners to each receive the runner-up prize being a Queensland ‘goodie bag’ (inclusive of a pen, bottle stopper, water bottle and key ring),
(together, the Prize).
- The Promotion commences on [29 November 2021] and finishes on [16 January 2022].
- The Promotion is open to travel agents based in the United Kingdom, who are at least 18 years old and work in front line sales in the travel industry.
- Employees and agents of Tourism and Events Queensland or any of their subsidiaries or affiliated companies and their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses, children) and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Promotion are not eligible to enter or win.
- Only one entry is permitted per entrant.
- By submitting an entry each entrant agrees to be bound by these Promotion terms and conditions.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- On [17 January 2022], the Promoter will randomly select twenty-five entrants to receive either a main prize or a runner-up prize. For clarity, the prize allocation will also be selected at random. In order to be declared a winner, the entrant must have answered all four questions correctly and provided their business email address.
- The Promoter will notify the entrant via email that they are eligible to receive a Prize.
- If a winner does not respond and accept the Prize within [30 days], a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion. Once a replacement winner is selected the original winner will have no claim to the Prize. Please note that it is your responsibility to actively monitor your nominated email account, including any ‘Junk’/‘Spam’ folders.
- Each Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by the Promoter. A winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize or redeem the Prize for cash, but the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or portion thereof) with one comparable or greater value.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize or any variation in the Prize advertised and the Prize provided.
- If you are unable to or refuse or fail to take part in any element of this Promotion, or if your winning entry (where applicable) is deemed not to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to discard your entry and proceed as if you had not entered the Promotion. Entries that, in the Promoter’s judgment, are offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable or in appropriate or that infringe any third-party rights will be invalid. If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware after you have won a Prize that you have not complied with these terms and conditions, then you will have no entitlement to the Prize, even if the Promoter has notified you that you are a winner and where applicable, you will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of any portion of the Prize received.
- The Promoter is located in Australia and by entering this Promotion you acknowledge that your Personal Information, as described in these terms and conditions, may be transferred and processed by the Promoter outside the European Economic Area. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- “Personal Information” has the meaning attributed to it in the privacy law(s) applicable in the entrant’s place of residence (i.e. the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (2016/679) and national implementing legislation as amended from time to time) and may include, without limitation, any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- For any questions relating to the processing of your Personal Information outlined herein, please contact Tourism and Events Queensland of Level 8, Green Square North Tower, 515 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, by reason of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, telephone network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, invalidate any affected entries and/or, if necessary, provide an alternative prize to the same value as the original Prize.
- The Promoter’s decision concerning any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants may opt-in to being subscribed to the marketing database of Tourism and Events Queensland for their online marketing and promotional communications, using the details that the entrant has supplied on its entry form. Entrants who opt-in consent to their name and email address being used for this purpose.
- This Promotion and these terms and conditions will be construed in accordance with, and governed by, the laws of Queensland, Australia.