Bulgaria and Romania are the latest countries to join the European Union. So how much do you know about the two new arrivals?
There are two ways you can enter:
- Answer the questions on this page and post your answers to Bulgaria and Romania Competition, Travel Weekly, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 5AS, with your name, address and phone number.
- Submit your answers online. You will need a free MyTW account to take the quiz online – if you don’t have one, you can register here.
The answers will be displayed on the website from February 9.
1. Which two countries border Bulgaria to the south?
2. Apart from Borovets, name one other popular ski resort in Bulgaria with the UK market and an operator who sells it?
3. Which mountain range is the Borovets ski resort in?
4. Which of these answers gives two selling points for ski holidays to Bulgaria?
a) Glitzy shops and racy après ski.
b) Value for money and good slopes for beginners.
c) Within driving distance of the UK and lots of luxury hotels.
5. Name the capital cities of Bulgaria and Romania.
6. Apart from Sunny Beach, name a popular beach resort in Bulgaria and an operator that sells it.
7. What is the name of the Bulgarian airport serving Sunny Beach used by UK charters?
8. Which sea is on the east coast of Bulgaria?
9. Name one of the main ingredients in shopska salad, a popular Bulgarian dish.
10. Now that Bulgaria is a member of the EU, what will its currency be?
11. What is the name of the river in Romania on which clients could take a river cruise holiday?
12. Name Romania’s ski resort and a UK operator that sells it.
13. Which airport used by the UK market offers best access to this ski resort?
14. Which fictional goulish character came from Romania and in which mountainous region did he live?
15. Which of these answers gives two selling points for tours of Romania?
a) Duty-free shopping and fashionable restaurants.
b) Year-round sun and no time difference.
c) Historic Saxon villages and nature activities such as bear tracking.
This is a community-moderated forum.
All post are the individual views of the respective commenter and are not the expressed views of Travel Weekly.
By posting your comments you agree to accept our Terms & Conditions.