We’re looking for agents and agencies who go beyond the call of duty to excel at what they do – whether that’s a manager who motivates staff to consistently beat targets, a homeworker who has built up a business from scratch to become holidaymakers’ first point of call, or an agency that has come up with an innovation to boost both business and customer service.
This year we’re holding four Agent Excellence Awards ceremonies around the country – in the Midlands, the South West / Wales, the North and the South East. The first takes place in the Midlands on April 30. We’ll also be giving out awards in Scotland later in the year.
In each region, Travel Weekly aims to recognise ten individuals or agencies whose dedication makes them stand out from the crowd. There’s an opportunity for everyone to enter, whether you work on the shop floor, as a homeworker, in business travel or in a call centre.
“At a time when the travel agent sector faces ever more competition, it’s vital for the trade to demonstrate why it should still be the first port of call for customers wanting genuine expertise and customer service,” said TW Group publishing director Simon Ferguson.
- Best Manager – Large Agency (more than 25 shops)
- Best Sales Consultant – Large Agency (more than 25 shops)
- Best Manager – Small Agency (less than 25 shops)
- Best Sales Consultant – Small Agency (less than 25 shops)
- Best Homeworking Agent
- Best Call Centre Sales Consultant
- Best Business Travel Manager
- Best Business Travel Consultant
- Best Cruise Agency
- Best Agency Innovation
Who can enter?
The awards are open to readers who work in the travel agent sector. Most of the awards will be given to individual agents, but two of the awards are open to whole agencies: the awards for Best Cruise Agency and Best Agency Innovation.
You can either enter yourself or nominate someone else. The most important thing is to get nominations in – you’ve got to be in it to win it!
- You’ve put in all the hard work, so why not get recognised for it?
- You’ll get the chance to put on your best party outfit and come to the glamorous awards ceremony held at one of Travel Weekly’s regional balls.
- You’ll become one of Travel Weekly’s Premier Agents, with access to a dedicated website for winners.
- Winning will look great on your CV and build your profile in the industry.
- Winning will be great PR for your company. Make a song and dance about it and tell your local paper. Who knows how many new customers it could bring in?
How to enter:
All you need to do to enter is go to the Agent Excellence Awards website at twawards.co.uk and fill in the online entry form. Look out for hard copies of the entry form in Travel Weekly. The first will go out to readers in the Midlands in the April 6 issue.
Have a look through the form before filling it in, so you know what information we’re after.
As each regional award is happening on a different date, it’s important to make a note of the deadline for entries for the awards in your region.
If you’re not sure how to put an entry together, read our guide first.
Send us your entry by…
- Midlands: Monday April 30
- South West / Wales: Monday June 4
- Northern: Monday August 27
- South East: Monday September 24
Midland awards: Birmingham International; Affordable Car Hire; Emirates; Journeys Travel Insurance
Southwest/Wales awards: Bristol International; Affordable Car Hire; Freedom Flights; Journeys Travel Insurance
Northern awards: Manchester Airport; C&M Recruitment; Journeys Travel Insurance; Affordable Car Hire
Southeast awards: C&M Recruitment; Journeys Travel Insurance; Affordable Car Hire