Every year at WTM Travel Weekly’s Passport competition gives agents the chance to win amazing prizes, including hotel stays, flights and passes to attractions and theme parks.
The competition – part of World Travel Market Agents’ Day, aimed at helping members of the trade get the most out of the event – also gives travel agents the opportunity to learn about the products and services of operators, airlines and tourist boards.
When agents arrive on Thursday morning, they will be handed a Travel Weekly passport. Inside there will be questions about sponsors (see box below). As agents visit each sponsor’s stand and answer the questions, they will receive a stamp.
All they need to do then is hand the passport in at the Travel Weekly booth on the boulevard and it will be entered into a prize draw at the WTM Conference Set, Platinum Suite at 3pm. Entrants must be present to be eligible for prizes!
The X Factor 2006 runner-up Ray Quinn will be giving out the prizes, as well as performing for the crowd and chatting to winners.
Travel Weekly head of events Penny Akam said: “Passport a great way to learn about what’s on offer at WTM. Visiting the different stands to find answers helps open up a dialogue with stand hosts and helps agents get to grips with products and destinations. In the afternoon, there’ll be the chance to win fabulous prizes.”
Passport 2007 prizes
- A two-night stay in San Antonio, Texas with restaurant vouchers and attraction passes.
Sponsor: Texas Tourism
- Three nights in Philadelphia for two people including accommodation, flights plus two nights in Valley Forge with a $100 gift voucher for shopping.
Sponsor: Philadelphia Convention and Visitors’ Bureau and Pennsylvania Tourism
- A 24-hour shopping trip to New York with American Airlines.
Sponsor: NYC and Co
- Seven nights’ accommodation at a four-star hotel in Fort Lauderdale plus two VIP tickets for free entry into all the local attractions.
Sponsor: Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Two return tickets in World Traveller class to any of the three British Airways Florida gateways, plus two seven-day Disney tickets, a compact car, two tickets to Aquatica, Busch Gardens, Discovery Cove and SeaWorld, including accommodation.
Sponsor: Hertz and Florida
- A place on the Take Some Time Out trip to Trinidad and Tobago, December 2008.
Sponsor: Trinidad and Tobago Tourism Development Company
- A place on a fam trip to Antigua.
Sponsor: Antigua and Barbuda Tourist Office
- A five-night stay for two at one of the five Almond Resorts hotels in Barbados or St Lucia.
Sponsor: Almond Resorts
- Two flights with bmi to Barbados.
Sponsor: Barbados Tourism Authority
- Seven nights’ all-inclusive accommodation for two at the Paradise Island Harbour Resort in the Bahamas.
Sponsor: Driftwood Hospitality
- A seven-night holiday (excluding flights) for two in Nepal. Five-star hotel on a bed-and-breakfast basis, local transportation, domestic flight, one-hour mountain flight included.
Sponsor: Nepal Tourism
- Seven nights’ accommodation for two at The Verandah in Antigua.
Sponsor: Elite Island Resorts
- An all-inclusive holiday, accommodation-only, for two adults at Grand Flamenco, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
Sponsor: Occidental Hotels and Resorts
- A two-bedroom apartment (sleeps up to six guests) for seven nights in Bahama Bay resort in Orlando.
Sponsor: Resort Marketing International
- Two economy-class tickets to Windhoek.
Sponsor: Air Namibia
- A week’s bed and breakfast for two at the five-star Sahara Sun Oasis Hotel, Port Ghalib, Egypt.
Sponsor: Sun International
- A pair of tickets to anywhere in the Middle East.
Sponsor: Qatar Airways
- Win a £250 European holiday city-break voucher.
Sponsor: Future Travel
- Seven nights for two people in a fabulous Four Seasons penthouse worth £3,750.
Sponsor: Four Seasons
- One week’s half-board for two in the hotel Iberostar Playa de Muro, Majorca.
Sponsor: Iberostar Hotels and Resorts
- A free weekend stay for two people including breakfast at any of our Park Plaza hotels in Europe.
Sponsor: Park Plaza Hotels
- Four night’s accommodation for two on a bed & breakfast basis in Fez including return air tickets.
Sponsor: Moroccan National Tourist Office
- Two nights’ bed and breakfast for two in Belfast, including flights.
Sponsor: Tourism Ireland