The winners of the Northern region Travel Weekly Agent Excellence Awards were revealed at the Northern Travel Trade Ball
Back row L-R: Debbie Paxton, Co-operative Travel; Gillian Brett, Westoe Travel;
Denise Henderson, Cumbria Cruises; David Hoyle, Personal Travel Advisors;
Penny Wilson, Travel Weekly; Nicole Eaves, Garstang Travel; Jackie Fulton, Co-op Travel;
Karen Armstrong, Co-op Travel; Mandy Round, Jet2holidays.com
Front row L-R: Frank Docherty, Traveltek; Michael Crotty, Co-op Travel Management;
Darren Hilsden, The Travel Village; Tim Starrs, Apollo Travel; Julian Mills, Amadeus
The event, held at the Palace Hotel, Manchester, was attended by around 500 shortlisted entrants and guests from the travel industry who had gathered to celebrate the region’s top-performing agents.
- Best Manager – Large Agency*: Susan Hall, The Co-operative Travel, Doxford Park
- Best Sales Team – Large Agency: The Co-operative Travel, Kingston Park
- Best Manager – Small Agency: Darren Hilsdon, The Travel Village, Poulton-le-Fylde
- Best Sales Team – Small Agency: Garstang Travel, Garstang
- Best Homeworking Agent: David Hoyle, Personal Travel Advisors, Future Travel , Linthwaite
- Best Call Centre Sales Consultant: Tim Starrs, Apollo Travel, Rotherham
- Best Business Travel Manager: Michael Crotty, Co-operative Travel Management, Manchester
- Best Business Travel Team: Co-operative Travel Management, Manchester
- Best Cruise Agency: Cumbria Cruises, Barrow-in-Furness
- Most Innovative Agency: Westoe Travel, South Shields
* Large agency: 25 or more shops
The deadline for entries and nominations for the next regional award for the Southeast Awards is 3 October 2008.
To enter online visit www.twawards.co.uk.