World Travel Market is the travel industry’s premier international event.
WTM is held every November at Excel London, providing a unique opportunity for the travel trade to meet, network and do business.
Last year WTM attracted 48,111 travel industry participants (ABC audited figure).
This year’s event will be held on November 10-13 2008.
The information below outlines how Travel Weekly will be organising the WTM preview feature (31 October 2008) and the daily editions at the show.
WTM preview feature: October 31 2008
- Please email Jackie David
Daily editions of Travel Weekly
Dailies will be themed each day and feature-led with five pages of news and seven picture pages from the event
- Monday November 10: Destination Marketing (pre-written)
- Tuesday November 11: The Future of Travel
- Wednesday November 12: Responsible Tourism
- Thursday November 13: Travel agent issue
- The first issue of the dailies ( November 10 issue) will be completed prior to the show
- The Travel Weekly team will be producing daily news for both web and print on all four days of the show
- Features in the dailies will be pre-written before WTM
- News and picture pages will be produced on the day by our dedicated WTM team
- All press releases must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline October 24)
- Some will be followed up according to merit of story. We contact you; don’t contact us!
- If story is about something happening at the show, tell us in the email subject line
- Please note there are no interview forms to be completed this year
- The Travel Weekly team will be producing daily news for travelweekly.co.uk on all four days of the show
- Facility to directly upload your press releases on to Travel Weekly.co.uk (exposed to 20,000 unique users per week) (coming soon)
- All news web-first
- At the show: Travel Weekly Television; podcasts; blogs; picture galleries
- Magazine and web will cross-reference each other
- Dedicated WTM landing page carrying all content from the event (coming soon)
- Submitted photographs must be high resolution (300 dpi) and in focus
- Deadline for picture requests is October 17
- Please download a picture request form for pictures at the show
- Stories that appeal to the show’s audience, not the client. Core groups are travel agents & suppliers
- Destination hot spots (news)
- Practical agent information
- Futuristic/eco/responsible tourism/controversial/innovative
- No guarantees of articles published
- Stories will be copytasted on merit of relevance to audience
- We will be acting on emails sent to WTM inbox
- Phone calls are unmanageable due to scale of operation
- Press and PR page on the WTM website
Who to contact
- Patricia Thomas – email email@example.com