News

Up to 100 jobs lost after Keith Prowse suspends trading

Up to 100 staff at the Keith Prowse Attraction Tickets call centre in Donegal will lose their jobs after its parent company Seatem Group appointed administrators last week.

Most staff were laid off on Thursday evening after the attraction tickets provider ceased trading, according to reports, with the call centre completely closed on Sunday.

Keith Prowse chief executive Paul Burns told the Irish Times that business was being suspended rather than ceased, and that from today the company would be seeking to reopen sometime in the future.

He said: “The company has suspended trading for the moment, pending possible restructure. We are waiting for the appointment of the administrators.”

The decision to appoint administrators was taken “in the best interests of the company and its creditors,” he added.

A meeting of politicians, job agencies and workers has been arranged for Thursday to try and rescue the jobs.

 

Share article

View Comments

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.