Fam places, iPads and even a £5,000 marketing campaign are among the prizes up for grabs from suppliers’ stands at this year’s UK Cruise Convention – now just three weeks away.
More than 50 suppliers are participating in the trade show, offering agents a wealth of product knowledge as well as countless chances to win.
Ace is hoping to boost attendance at the trade fair session by offering bus transfers from Independence of the Seas to Ocean Terminal, running prize draws and handing out drinks vouchers for that evening’s Cruise Rocks party.
The session also coincides with a new speed-dating feature for this year, in which agents spend 15 minutes with participating suppliers. Speed-dating bookings will open on the UK Cruise Convention website next week.
Ace has also been putting the final touches to the convention’s entertainment, with Brighton band the Move-ons – whose name derives from the fact they are former buskers – lined up to play at Cruise Rocks and sponsored by Royal Caribbean.
The party will take place in the Icehouse at the Oceana Club, during which the Ace Awards will be handed out. Afterwards, delegates will be able to socialise in Oceana’s New York Disco, of which the convention has exclusive use.
Ace director Flo Powell said: “A lot of agents tell us one of the things they get the most out of is talking to other agents and to their peers in the industry about the business. The convention is meant to be about business but it is meant to be fun as well.”
Some of the prizes on offer
- Fred Olsen is giving away five iPads. Agents will need to complete a 20 question quiz sheet to enter the draw
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises will give away a 2012 sales and marketing campaign worth £5,000. The competition is open to agents who visit its stand and complete the entry form
- Disney Cruise Line will hold a draw in which the winning agent and up to nine colleagues will receive a day out to see The Lion King in London. The prize includes train transport
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering delegates a £100 voucher off the price of their stateroom when they book their own cruise on Norwegian Epic this summer through TIS
- Celebrity Cruises will run a prize draw to win places at the launch of Celebrity Silhouette in Hamburg in July
- Silversea will hold a draw to win a place on a seven-night fam trip on Silver Whisper, departing August 31
- Ten branded bathrobes will be up for grabs for each of the Complete Cruise Solution lines: P&O Cruises, Princess Cruises and Cunard
- Compagnie du Ponant is offering a £50 John Lewis voucher as a prize in a competition it will run on its stand