News

Norwegian Cruise Line sailings suspended to end of June

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings has confirmed that sailings on its lines’ ships will not resume until June 30.

Cruises on board Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises vessels were previously suspended until the end of May.

The company said the extension of its global suspension was in line with the requirements of the Framework for Conditional Sailing Order issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

NCLH said: “The company will continue to work in tandem with global government and public health authorities and its Healthy Sail Panel expert advisors to take all necessary measures to protect its guests, crew and the communities visited.”

Guests who booked on cancelled voyages on Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises are asked to contact their travel agent or the cruise line for more information.

Meanwhile, Oceania Cruises welcomed new ship Vista to its fleet.

It is the first of two new 1,200-passenger Allura-class ships for Oceania and will become the line’s seventh vessel.

Due to launch in 2023, its construction is continuing at Italian shipyard Fincantieri. Vista will be followed by a sister ship in 2025.

The name Vista has been chosen to “reflect the dawn of a new age in travel”, the line said, confirming that there will be two staff members on board for every three guests.

“Oceania Cruises is an innovative and ever-evolving brand. We are always looking over the horizon, and Vista represents our view to the future,” said Bob Binder, president chief executive of Oceania Cruises.

Share article

View Comments

Jacobs Media Group is honoured to be the recipient of the 2020 Queen's Award for Enterprise.

The highest official awards for UK businesses since being established by royal warrant in 1965. Read more.