Welcome to Travel Weekly’s guide to training, skills and education in the UK travel industry.
The UK travel industry is supported by a range of education, skills and training initiatives that are aimed at supporting individuals working in travel, travel businesses and students looking to work in travel.
On this travel training page, Travel Weekly will provide the latest news on travel industry training as well as resources to help you understand and access travel skills and training resources. You can also give us your views in a training stream on our forum.
Skills and training news
Skills and training features
- Opinion: Committed to training? Make sure your staff know it
- Training: Tourism education experts gather at first international conference
- Survey: Travel training budgets will survive credit crunch
- Travel training survey: Employer case studies
- Online training: Teaching travel skills on the web
- Travel and tourism training: tackling the funding problem
- Comment: Get behind travel training initiatives
- Feature: Industry to unite behind Travel and Tourism Diploma
- Opinion: Diploma has the right content and the right approach
Skills and training videos
Travel and Tourism Diploma websiteThe official site for the diploma is now live, featuring news, information, useful downloads, a careers section and more
People1st websiteThe Sector Skills Council for the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism industries, ensuring that employers get the skills they need
ITT training sectionThe Institute of Travel and Tourism is dedicated to developing and maintaining professional standards in the travel industry
TWacademyInteractive training from tourism boards and travel suppliers, including Worlds of Discovery, Tourism Ireland and Somak Holidays
Your views on trainingIs the industry’s skill base strong enough? Does it need more graduates, and will plans for a new diploma help? Sound off on our forum